Caidyn and Chantel met online and quickly became friends. This year, we decided to start our own book club — the BW Book Club — and decided to extend it into a blog. We will post reviews of books that we read separately and also reviews of books we read for the club. (A list of past books can be found here.) We have varying interests in books, so expect to see a lot of variety on here!
When contacting us at all, please indicate who you’re trying to reach. It makes it easier on the two of us to know who needs to respond to a comment or request of any kind. Thank you!
I’ve been reading since I can remember. One of my first memories is of being five and my mom having bought Hooked on Phonics (if you remember that and recognize it, kudos). She told me no, that I wasn’t ready yet since we hadn’t started learning how to read in school. Me being me, I chose to take one of the books and started reading it out loud. The only part I messed up on was the -ing endings. Couldn’t pronounce the pesky things.
These days, I don’t read much of Hooked on Phonics. If I get a chance between work and school, I read a huge mix of things. Fiction and nonfiction alike. I love classics and more contemporary work. Horror, mysteries, and thrillers are some of my favorite fiction. I love reading historical nonfiction, usually English history in different eras. Tudor history is my absolute favorite. I’m also a religious studies nut. Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of YA, poetry, or romance.
Now, some random facts about me:
- I’m in my early 20s.
- I’m a senior in college, majoring in psychology and minoring in theology/religious studies.
- I’m going to get a master’s in social work (MSW) and I have too many options of what to do.
- I’ve done a lot of foreign traveling in my life, and that will probably feature in some of my reviews.
- I have four tattoos.
- Currently, I’m teaching myself Welsh, Spanish, ASL, and French. I’m also dabbling in Ancient Greek and Latin for shits and giggles.
If you want to get in contact with me, I have a Goodreads page that I’m on more than I should be. Feel free to add me as a friend on there if you want to interact with me or just follow me if you don’t. Hope to talk with you!
Hey there, ho there!
I’ve always loved reading and writing since I was young. I wrote my first short story in fourth grade and I remember listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks with my mom and finally realizing how to pronounce Hermione. I love books. I’m a book hoarder. I’m very excited to start reviewing books and giving my opinions because who doesn’t?
My book tastes are almost the exact opposite of Caidyn’s. I am not a huge fan of horror, mysteries, or thrillers. I don’t like anything that could give me nightmares. I don’t read a lot of non-fiction either. I am, however, a huge fan of YA. My specialty is any YA that features LGBTQ+ characters. I won’t be limiting myself to just YA or just LGBTQ+ books, but they will definitely be a part of my reviews. I will always take recommendations to help broaden my horizons because I’m one of those people who finds their comfort and sticks to it. This is a great place to expand my reading tastes.
- I live in a liberal West Coast city (betcha can’t guess which one).
- I have a cat and his name is Watson.
- I identify as queer, hence my love for LGBTQ+ books and all things queer.
- I would like to be a queer author one day, but I actually have to finish a book first.
- I have three tattoos as well, one is technically unfinished but it still looks great.
- Starbucks Order: Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha (year round, baby)
Here is my Goodreads Profile as well, I post my reviews on there as well as over here.