Where the hell did May go? I swear, it was here then gone. 2019 is just going by so quickly, y’all.
But, let’s do an overview of what I read. Links will take you to my reviews of them except for the ones that are pending!
Also, there’s going to be a quick teaser for June things that you all will, hopefully, be looking forward to.
I read 33 books this month, which is a whole lot! The downside? I DNFed a lot of them. That means my average rating was 2.9. Tbh, I’m not happy with that total. But May was kind of a slumpy month for me. I’m glad it’s gone and that we’re on to June!
Reviewed on the Blog
- The Chosen by Taran Matharu – 1/5
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi – 4.5/5
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy – 4/5
- A Question of Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro – 4.5/5
- The Air You Breathe by Frances de Pontes Peebles – 5/5
- Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell – 2/5
- Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie – 4/5
- The Last by Hanna Jameson – DNF 1/5
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber – 4/5
- Pretty Revenge by Emily Liebert – 2/5
- Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee – 4/5
- Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey – 4/5
Reviewed on Goodreads
- The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladmir Putin by Masha Gessen – 4/5
- Madame de Pompadour by Christine Pevitt Algrant – 2/5
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – 5/5
- Rebellion by Peter Ackroyd – 4/5
- The Municipalists by Seth Fried – DNF 1/5
- Revolution by Peter Ackroyd – 4/5
- A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Evardsson – DNF 1/5
- Limited Wish by Mark Lawrence – 4/5
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – DNF 1/5
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – DNF 1/5
- In the Valleys of the Noble Beyond: In Search of the Sasquatch by John Zada – 3/5
- The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde – 3/5
- The Rival Queens by Nancy Goldstone – 3/5
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo – DNF 1/5
- Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters by Peter Vronsky – 3.5/5
- Dominion by Peter Ackroyd – 3/5
- Katherine the Queen by Linda Porter – 3.5/5
- Death and the Virgin Queen by Chris Skidmore – 4/5
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt – DNF 1/5
Reviews to be Posted in June
I’m very, very happy to announce that Chantel is going to be coming back in June with posts! Since it’s Pride, I know she’s going to be featuring some queer books, TV shows, and movies. I’m very excited about it, so, be excited with me for some queer posts and recommendations!
Did you read any of these books?
What was the best book you read in May?